Thursday, January 12, 2017

Father + Mommy = Fommy

When I was just a kid growing up in the prime of the 90's we used to pretend we were Power Rangers defeating Rita Repulsa and her band of "putties" or Ninja Turtles taking on Shredder and his buddies Bebop and Rocksteady. Little did I know that I would never fulfill my dream of being an adult, playing a high school sophomore, who wears spandex and fights evil hooligans all while keeping it a secret. No one told me that if I followed this dream I would end up in the loony bin or as a viral parody on YouTube.

Luckily I grew up with sisters who had a different taste in entertainment, one that involved a now washed out host of America's Funniest Home Videos(Bob Saget) as well as the man from the Greek Yogurt(John Stamos) commercials. That is correct... Whatever happened to predictability? The Milk Man? Paper Boy? Don't get me started on MTV? It was no dull house whenever Danny Tanner came on Full House. Rather than "fight crime" my sisters would pretend they were part of Full House (Besides Kimmy of course) fighting through the challenges of life instead of  make believe hooligans.


Fast Forward 20 years and I realize that I am now living every 10 year old girls dream... I am Jesse Katsopolis (minus the fabulous hair, leather, love of Elvis, and charm). As my wife goes through her OB/GYN residency (Not as Host of Wake Up San Francisco),
I am a full fledged stay at home dad with twin girls instead of twin boys. In my new role as a "Father/Mommy" I plan to keep it very light, exciting, and opposite of the norm. So feel free to follow this journey because it will be hotter than Danny Tanner in his 1991 rendition of "So You Think You Can Dance". I am slowly working on my charm and leather wardrobe but now I just need to let it go and.... "Have Mercy!!"




1 comment: